Real Alternative Lite
will allow you to play RealMedia files without having to install RealPlayer
Media Player Classic
The RealMedia Browser plugin supports Internet Explorer, Opera, Netscape and Mozilla.
Some advantages compared to RealPlayer
- Quick and easy install
- It's easy to make an unattended installation
- Proper uninstallation
- No background processes
- Use a player of your own choice
- Low on resources
- No advertising, no registration forms, nothing annoying
- .smi and .smil files only play the first part of a clip. This is only a problem when the clip consists of multiple parts. These files are not very common. These files do play correctly when embedded in a browser.
- The RealMedia DirectShow splitter does not work with streaming content. You must use the included Media Player Classic to play streaming content.
Features of Real Alternative 2.0.2 Lite
- RealMedia Codecs [version 184.108.40.2061]
- RealMedia plugin for Internet Explorer
- RealMedia plugin for Opera/Mozilla/Netscape/Google Chrome
- RealMedia DirectShow splitter [version 1.3.1268.0]
The only difference between the Real Alternative regular and lite versions is that the lite version does not include Media Player Classic.
Changes in Real Alternative Lite 2.0.2
- Minor changes
• Real Alternative Lite 2.0.0
- Updated RealMedia components to version 220.127.116.111
- Updated RealMedia splitter to version 1.3.1268.0
- The RealMedia browser plugin now also works with Internet Explorer 8
You do need a player that is capable of playing RealMedia. The included Media Player Classic supports it and works very well. Supported: RealAudio (.ra .rpm), RealMedia (.rm .ram .rmvb .rpx .smi .smil), RealText (.rt), ReadPix (.rp), RealMedia embedded in webpages. .smi and .smil files sometimes only play the first part of a clip. This is a limitation of the current