Yet another encoder to rip your CDs, although into the free Ogg-Vorbis format this time, using Winamp 5
Changes in Ogg-Vorbis Encoder 1.1
- Changed the "Estimated bitrate" user interface string to "Nominal bitrate", which is technically-speaking more accurate
- Fixed bad URL to the Vorbis project webpage (shame on me!)
- Turned copyrights information into hypertext links
- Merged the two installers (v1.1 & Archer) into a single one, with the ability for the user to choose one at installation time
- Added SSE processor detection in the setup program, preventing the user to install a version which wouldn’t work on his computer
Ogg-Vorbis is a totally free new codec, kind of "new generation mp3". Smaller files, better restitution, available everywhere, no patent/fee/royalty and many, many more advantages which make Ogg-Vorbis the best lossy codec today.