Media Player Classic looks just like Windows Media Player 6.4 and has the same lightness in terms of memory occupation, but has many additional features.
It has a built in DVD player with real-time zoom, support for AVI subtitles, QuickTime and RealVideo support (requires QuickTime and/or Real Player); built-in MPEG2/SVCD/DVD codec.
This player also supports SVCD/CVD selectable subtitles and lots more. The best part about Media Player Classic is the ability to modify the filters when playing your favorite video files.
What is the difference Media Player Classic and Media Player Classic Home Cinema?
Media Player Classic was developed by Gabest while the Media Player Classic Home Cinema is a mod designed mainly for homecinema usage and is released by Casimir666.
Changes in Media Player Classic 220.127.116.11 :
- update svn ignore list;
- add the needed DirectX include files and ddraw.lib;
- add the atl include files;
- add VS2008 project/solution files (quickly updated from VS2005 files with the minimum needed changes to compile);
- update common/release.vsprops and the manifest file;
- now mpc should compile with VS2008;
- backport r3013,r3019 from mpc-hc svn.