No video recompression, no quality loss, fast operation (5-20x realtime), no Quicktime needed.
MP4Cam2AVI supports *.MP4, *.MOV, and *.AVI input (MPEG-4 AVI's from Casio P505/Z750 cameras are not DivX-compatible). MJPEG *.MOV's from photo cameras are supported as well.
MP4Cam2AVI doesn't recompress video, that means no quality loss and fast operation (5-20x realtime, depending on audio settings). Audio can be stored in source format, or converted to MP3 (best for DVD-MPEG4 players) or PCM (best for editing).
Unlike many converting apps, MP4Cam2AVI doesn't require QuickTime or any codecs to work, it performs all the job itself.
Features of MP4Cam2AVI 2.9
With MP4Cam2AVI, you can:
- Convert and join MPEG-4 ASP clips from your camera to a single DivX-compatible MPEG-4 movie to watch on PC or DVD-MPEG4 player, preserving original video quality;
- Batch convert many clips to edit with any avi editing app;
- Convert *.MP4 (MPEG4 ASP) movie from Nero Recode to DivX-compatible AVI format for DVD-MPEG4 player;
- Convert MJPEG MOV's from photo camera do DivX-compatible MPEG-4 AVI in one click;
- Convert H.264 (MPEG-4 AVC) *.MP4/*.MOV clips to H.264 AVI, editable with VirtualDub and playable with Windows Media Player (H.264 VfW codec needed, i.e. last FFDShow);
- Watch MPEG-4 ASP/AVC/MJPEG clips before conversion using internal preview;
- Arrange clips using simple timeline, perform basic trim operations;
- Correct audio/video lag in some cameras like Minolta A200
- Make sound softer with configurable lowpass filter (great for Sanyo Xacti C1)
From version 2.70 MP4Cam2AVI supports MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) video from new H.264 cameras like Sanyo CG65 and Casio EX-V7.
MP4Cam2AVI converts *.3GP clips from mobile phones, but with no audio (no AMR audio support yet). Target avi's will have H.263 video, so, you should install H.263 codec to view or edit them.
• MPEG4-AVC camcorders:
Sanyo: CG65, HD-700, HD-1000
Samsung: HMX20, NV24HD, MX10,
Casio: EX-V7, EX-S880, Z1200
Others: Aiptek GO-HD
• MPEG4-ASP camcorders:
Sanyo: VPC-Ñ1, C4, C40, C5, C6, HD1, HD2, HD700
Olympus: C770 Movie
Sony: Sony DSC-M1, M2
Pentax: OptioMX, MX4, S5n, S5z, S6, A10
Samsung: Digimax V40, V50, V70, V700, V800, U-CA5, L85, VP-MX10A
Casio: EX-P505, EX-Z750, EX-Z850, EX-S500, EX-S600
Kodak V603, Z612, Z760, Z1275
• Photo cameras with H.263 video:
• Photo cameras with MOV MJPEG video:
Canon Tx1, Kodak LS753, Minolta A2, Minolta Dimage Z3, Nikon Coolpix 5200, Nikon 8400, Nikon E8800, Panasonic FX7, Panasonic FZ-1, Panasonic TZ5, Pentax 750Z, Olympus C-5000/C-5050/C-8080, Olympus mini digital, Pentax Optio X, Sanyo Xacti J1, Fuji S7000.
• PS: There are too many of them, this list is a bit outdated.
Changes in MP4Cam2AVI 2.99
- BugFix: No video with HTC One X phone clips
- BugFix: Samsung Galaxy S2 phone clips audio problem
• MP4Cam2AVI 2.98
- Internal preview with audio
- DirectDraw support for internal preview
- Audio support for *.M2TS files
It makes MPEG-4 camera clips DivX/XviD compatible and playable with any DVD-MPEG4 player like regular MPEG-4 movie.