Features of ID3-TagIT 3.3.0
- Edit TAG (ID3v1 & ID3v2): Opens a dialog where the tags of a selected file can be edited. As there are a great number of entries in the ID3v2 tag, not all entries are supported yet but will be integrated in the next versions.
- Multiple Edit TAG (ID3v1 & ID3v2): This is simular to 'Edit TAG' but you can write information into many files in one step. You also can remove single entries from the tag.
- Remove TAG (ID3v1 & ID3v2): Simply what it says.
- TAG to Filename (ID3v1 & ID3v2): Writes information from the tag to the filename using a totally free format defined by YOU.
- Filename to TAG (ID3v1 & ID3v2): Reads information from the filename using a format YOU defined and writes it into the tag.
- Organize Files: This function can sort your MP3 files into folders using the information form the ID3-tags
- Case Conversion (ID3v1 & ID3v2): With this function you can correct the case in the filenames and certain tag entries.
- Transfer ID3v1 <-> ID3v2: Transfers information from one tag version into the other.
- FreeDB Connection: If you want to TAG whole albums you can connect to the FreeDB CD database and ID3-TagIT will add the TAG information from the database automatically.
- Analyse Functions: These functions compare the filename with the TAG information and show mismatches or detect duplicate files by comparing TAG information or audio data.
- Favourites: Collect many indepented directories under one favourite and edit the containing files all at ones.
- ID3V2-Genres and Artists-Libraray: You can enter your own ID3v2 genres, so that they are available in every dialog in which you can set the genre of a MP3 file. You can also define ID3v1 genres which then are related to your ID3v2 genres and will replace them when using the transfer function. You can also create a library of artists from existing TAG information so that you have them available when editing other files.
Changes in ID3-TagIT 3.3.0
- [NEW] Editing dialogs got a new structure
- [NEW] Editing dialogs got some new functions
- [NEW] Main window got a new structure
- [NEW] Pictures will be displayed in the main window
- [NEW] Audiochecksum of the files is now calculated in the background (also see preferences)
- [NEW] New columns: Date of creation, Number of pictures, Audiochecksum
- [NEW] Relativ paths for external pictures
- [NEW] Genre library is now also be used when "Synchronizise Ver. 1 and 2 editing" is enabled
- [NEW] Lyrcis from text file
- [NEW] New menu option to open the folder in which the MP3 file is stored
- [NEW] New paramter DurationSec for templetes
- [BUG] Incorrect year entry caused an exception in the Transfer Ver. 2 -> Ver. 1 function
- [BUG] The year format YYYY-MM in the TAG Ver. 2 caused an exception
- [BUG] Exceptions with open brackets in the Case Conversion caused an exception
- [BUG] TAG Ver. 2 -> Filename did not replace a "\" before creating a filename
- [BUG] Splitting function caused an exception if a TAG field was empty
- [BUG] Multiple Edit TAG Ver. 2 did not always set the number of digits of track numbers properly
- [BUG] TAG Ver. 1 -> Filename did not use the number of digits setting for track numbers
- [BUG] Internal pictures were not copied
- [BUG] Upper/Lower case was not changes in the filename using Search and Replace
- [BUG] Wrong BPM settings caused an exception
- [BUG] A wrong path in the lists dialog freezed the program
- [BUG] Playlist name was cut after the first point
- [BUG] Error fixed when removing a tool which is not present anymore
- [BUG] Original release year could not be set before 1800
- [BUG] After copying a TAG Ver. 2.4 clicking on an image caused an exception
- [BUG] Unsync was not always used properly
- [BUG] FileSize parameter in Templetes did not work
- [BUG] Adding an ICO picture caused an exception
- [BUG] Tracklength in msec was cut if the track was very long
- [BUG] APIC Description was not encoded in UTF-16BE oder UTF-8 in TAG Ver. 2.4
- [BUG] In some cases changing the folder without saving could end in endless message boxes
on 02 February 2014, reviewed by: Anony Mouse
This program works like a charm. It has saved me tons of time.
I would rate it 6 out of 5 stars if I could.
on 11 August 2006, reviewed by: Anonymous
Program is not intuitive to use and the FreeDB support is buggy and does not work.
ID3-TagIT has many functions to help you achieve your goal as quickly as possible. ID3-TagIT is - in contrast to many other editors - able to read information from the directory structure and put it into the TAG, organize files into folders, handle several comments and genres in the ID3V2 TAG, and every function is available for ID3v1 and ID3v2.