Fortunately, with an application like TagScanner, your work becomes a lot easier.
The first good thing you will notice about this application will be its user-friendly interface.
Start by adding a music folder to the list using either the file browser or the “drag and drop” method.
Along the way, you will discover many useful features: renaming files using tag information; multiple files tag editing; importing tag information from online databases; obtaining tag information from files and folder names; easy word replacement and case conversion from tags and filenames; support for embedded lyrics and cover art, converting between various tag versions and many others.
The most important audio formats supported by TagScanner are MP3, OGG, APE, FLAC, AAC, SPX, WP, WMA, MP4 and several others.
Playlists can be exported to HTML, Excel and CSV (for MySQL).
Results can be easily previewed in TagScanner, and you are encouraged to use convenient tools such as a tag editor, a batch tag processor and a list maker. Whenever you want to cancel a change, press the “Undo” button. Other features you can activate are automatic checkup for updates, custom genres and templates and proxy settings configuration.
TagScanner is an excellent solution if you want to organize your music collection with a focus on tag information and file names. It saves a lot of time and effort and you will find your music files more easily from now on.
Changes in TagScanner 6.0.3
- New network core with secure connections support. Required for upcoming changes on Discogs
- New option for padding zone reduction inside FLAC files
- New: Ability to drag and drop covers from Firefox and Google Chrome
- Fixed: Scripting functions didn't worked in some cases
- Fixed: Removing covers from FLAC
- Changed: Custom fields names case now preserved for ID3v2 tags
- Changed: ID3v1 tag saving into mp3 files now depend on special option
- Updated Apple Lossless format support
- Translation: Ukrainian, Greek, Slovak, Dutch, French
If you want to have a well-organized music collection and you want your file names and tag information to reflect your media contents precisely, manual editing will take ages.