Features of Gom Player 2.2
- GOM Media Player can play all the most popular video formats by default: AVI, MP4, MKV, FLV, WMV, MOV, and more!
- With GOM, you'll experience something you've never seen in the past with other media players.
- GOM supports all kinds of features for highly advanced users who desire to watch video clips at the best quality.
- GOM is also able to play incomplete or damaged AVI file by skipping the damaged frames. And it can also playback Locked Media Files while downloading or sharing (with real-time index rebuilding under certain condition: AVI downloading in consecutive order).
- GOM also supports HTTP Streaming ASF/OGG/MP3/AAC/MPEG PS/MPEG TS: Only work with internal splitters).
- GOM also support its own skins, Subtitle, Overlay Mixer features, Optimized buffer for streaming Automatic ASF source filter, Keys Remapping, Superspeed/High Mode, Enhanced Filter Rendering and full-Unicode.
- Gom Player
installer is bundled with "Ask Toolbar". However, you may continue the installation process without installing it.
Changes in GOM Player 188.8.131.5289
1. Minimum System Requirements were updated:
OS: Windows 8.1(32bit/64bit), 8(32bit/64bit), 7(32bit/64bit), Vista(32bit/64bit), XP SP2 or higher.
2. Major improvements to the internal Gretech video source filter.
- Improved video image output, color space format, tone correction, resize processing, and other image output processes
- Improved the “Auto-enable deinterlacing” feature
- An issue where external (SRT) subtitle tags would not be displayed correctly has be fixed when using the “Display on video (TV-OUT)” subtitle display method
3. Added support for additional codecs to the internal source filter.
4. Improved the Bookmarks feature
- Added display options to the Manage Bookmarks window
- Added thumbnail image display to the Bookmark Menu
5. Added a feature that enables users to jump to a specific time in a video
This feature can be accessed using the keyboard shortcut [G]
- See full list of changes here
Gom Player 2.2.57
on 16 April 2014, reviewed by: Daniel
You need to install CoreAAC-184.108.40.2063 the latest audio codec for GOM player to fix the "inaudible" audio on the player. This works for me alright!
Gom Player 2.2.56
on 14 February 2014, reviewed by: Mike
Stuck with Windows 8, so I had to try GOM out.
GOM has no audio when playing DVDs. Tried downloading who knows what to get it right, tried playing around with the preferences. Still no audio.
I can only get audio if I click into each .Vob of the DVD, but the video is extremely pixelated and the audio is way off.
Better media players out there where I can simply play a DVD without frustration. GOM is probably the worst media player I've ever downloaded.
Gom Player 2.1.50
on 23 June 2013, reviewed by: vikrant
i was not able to get sound from the latest version of GOM, but then i right clicked on the fdd icon in the notification area and selected "dolby decoder". then the sound came.
to get the fdd*** icon in the notification area , select preferences, filter, Go to Advanced Settings tab.
then,on the "Filter Rendering Method" check the "Advanced" box. On "Filter Priority", click on the "Add Filter" and then chose fdd audio decoder.