Features of Gom Player 2.1
- GOM Player supports most of the condecs (AVI, DAT, MPEG, DivX, XviD, WMV, ASF more) by its own embedded codec system that you won't have to look for appropriate codecs everytime when you can't play a certain video format.
- With GOM, you'll experience something you've never seen in the past with other media players.
- GOM supports all kinds of features for highly advanced users who desire to watch video clips at the best quality.
- GOM is also able to play incomplete or damaged AVI file by skipping the damaged frames. And it can also playback Locked Media Files while downloading or sharing (with real-time index rebuilding under certain condition: AVI downloading in consecutive order).
- GOM also supports HTTP Streaming ASF/OGG/MP3/AAC/MPEG PS/MPEG TS: Only work with internal splitters).
- GOM also support its own skins, Subtitle, Overlay Mixer features, Optimized buffer for streaming Automatic ASF source filter, Keys Remapping, Superspeed/High Mode, Enhanced Filter Rendering and full-Unicode.
- Gom Player
installer is bundled with "Ask Toolbar". However, you may continue the installation process without installing it.
Changes in GOM Player 2.1.50
- Modified the software's codec settings for AAC audio playback
** If the Codec Finder window pops up after you install the update, please click the [Find Codec] button and install the recommended codec.
- The AC3 tab has been removed from the Prefences window, and internal AC3 options have been disabled.
- Corrected a sync issue with certain TS files
- Corrected a playback issue with MP4 files containing hard-coded scrolling subtitles.
- Added features to delete and disabled the saving of recently played files to the Windows "Recent Files" list (Windows 7 and 8 only).
- Minor misc changes and fixes.
Gom Player 126.96.36.19919
on 30 September 2012, reviewed by: lan2306
Pop-up after closing Gom have been removed and still having problem with playing realmedia (.rm .rmvb) video even after install Real Alternative.
But now I found a workaround to play .rm video as follows:
1. Open Gom Player.
2. Right click and choose "Preferences...".
3. Choose "Filter" from left pane.
4. Go to "Advanced Settings" tab.
5. On "Filter Rendering Method" check on Advanced.
6. On "Filter Priority", click "Add Filter".
7. Locate and choose "MPC-Real Video Decoder" before click OK.
8. Then set its "Condition" to Highest.
9. Finally close preferences and play .rm file.
Gom Player 188.8.131.5201
on 02 April 2012, reviewed by: Mikey2OZ
The new versions just keep getting better, but it would be nice if you could stop taking one-step back.
1) The new feature of freely giving users "pop-up" ads whenever we exit GOM Player...not useful. It cheapens your product, but, if it keeps GOM free, I can live with it. How many users even pay attention to the ads? I sure don't.
2) Oh joy, we get more codec issues. A few of the new HD WMV videos will not play and issues an error stating I don't have the necessary codec to play. (VLC, WMP, and others don't have any problems.) I tell it to find the fix, and it does, and then issues the same error next time.
Do keep up the good work. I can't live without many of the features that make GOM the best choice for a media player. One day, you will have a real great product without any issues.
Gom Player 184.108.40.20601
on 31 March 2012, reviewed by: sismoc
I installed the latest version and now get "pop-up" ads whenever I exit GOMPlayer.
Sad to see such a nice piece of software sink so low.