Features of Gom Player 2.2
- GOM Player supports most of the condecs (AVI, DAT, MPEG, DivX, XviD, WMV, ASF more) by its own embedded codec system that you won't have to look for appropriate codecs everytime when you can't play a certain video format.
- With GOM, you'll experience something you've never seen in the past with other media players.
- GOM supports all kinds of features for highly advanced users who desire to watch video clips at the best quality.
- GOM is also able to play incomplete or damaged AVI file by skipping the damaged frames. And it can also playback Locked Media Files while downloading or sharing (with real-time index rebuilding under certain condition: AVI downloading in consecutive order).
- GOM also supports HTTP Streaming ASF/OGG/MP3/AAC/MPEG PS/MPEG TS: Only work with internal splitters).
- GOM also support its own skins, Subtitle, Overlay Mixer features, Optimized buffer for streaming Automatic ASF source filter, Keys Remapping, Superspeed/High Mode, Enhanced Filter Rendering and full-Unicode.
- Gom Player
installer is bundled with "Ask Toolbar". However, you may continue the installation process without installing it.
Changes in GOM Player 220.127.116.1169
This update (version 18.104.22.16869) includes many significant changes:
User Interface / General Features
1. A new default GOM Player 2.2 Skin has been applied.
* The skin will only be applied by default if you are doing a clean install of the software. If you overwrite your current installation, the skin you are currently using will be maintained.
2. Volume can now be boosted to 200%.
* When increasing the volume, the slider will momentarily stop at 100%.
* The volume slider will be in the middle of the volume scroll bar when volume is set at 100%
* The volume slider will be displayed as orange for 1% ~ 100% and as red for 101% ~ 200%
* This is a volume boost feature, so audio may be distorted at 200% when playing some files.
* A feature has been added to the player's audio preferences that allows you to cap the volume setting at 100%. This feature is OFF by default
3. UI Transparency Slider added, allowing you to adjust the opacity/transparency of the GOM Player User Interface
- See full list of changes here
Gom Player 2.1.50
on 23 June 2013, reviewed by: vikrant
i was not able to get sound from the latest version of GOM, but then i right clicked on the fdd icon in the notification area and selected "dolby decoder". then the sound came.
to get the fdd*** icon in the notification area , select preferences, filter, Go to Advanced Settings tab.
then,on the "Filter Rendering Method" check the "Advanced" box. On "Filter Priority", click on the "Add Filter" and then chose fdd audio decoder.
Gom Player 22.214.171.12419
on 30 September 2012, reviewed by: lan2306
Pop-up after closing Gom have been removed and still having problem with playing realmedia (.rm .rmvb) video even after install Real Alternative.
But now I found a workaround to play .rm video as follows:
1. Open Gom Player.
2. Right click and choose "Preferences...".
3. Choose "Filter" from left pane.
4. Go to "Advanced Settings" tab.
5. On "Filter Rendering Method" check on Advanced.
6. On "Filter Priority", click "Add Filter".
7. Locate and choose "MPC-Real Video Decoder" before click OK.
8. Then set its "Condition" to Highest.
9. Finally close preferences and play .rm file.
Gom Player 126.96.36.19901
on 02 April 2012, reviewed by: Mikey2OZ
The new versions just keep getting better, but it would be nice if you could stop taking one-step back.
1) The new feature of freely giving users "pop-up" ads whenever we exit GOM Player...not useful. It cheapens your product, but, if it keeps GOM free, I can live with it. How many users even pay attention to the ads? I sure don't.
2) Oh joy, we get more codec issues. A few of the new HD WMV videos will not play and issues an error stating I don't have the necessary codec to play. (VLC, WMP, and others don't have any problems.) I tell it to find the fix, and it does, and then issues the same error next time.
Do keep up the good work. I can't live without many of the features that make GOM the best choice for a media player. One day, you will have a real great product without any issues.