Keeping your gaming investment safe
: One major concern gamers have is the CD's life span. The CD-ROM for a popular game may be inserted and removed many hundreds of times, this of course leads to the inevitable "Unable to read" error and ultimately a trip to the trash.
Unleash your games and go gaming "cd free" in seconds
: Using Game Jackal Pro eliminates the need to insert the CD-ROM before playing your favorite title, therefore allowing you to fire up your favorite game in seconds.
Easy to use
: GameJackal Provides the user with a powerful and easy to use interface to go gaming "cd free". It does this without modifying any of your game's files or installing any virtual drives on your system. Simply select the game you want to play from the Game Jackal Pro interface, or create a desktop shortcut for even faster access.
: Image mode adds support for games that need to stream data directly from the CD or DVD during game play.
Keep young eyes from playing games that may not right for them
: GameJackal Pro comes complete with a feature called Guardian Control, this feature allows restrictions to be placed on game profiles.
Young gamers can make short work of a game CD
: Being able to pack away the game CD has proven to be extremely popular with parents of young gamers, where a game can be destroyed in weeks!
There's no other product like it
: The simple fact is that GameJackal Pro stands alone. There's no other product on the market that delivers the flexibility and functionality that Game Jackal Provides.
Features of GameJackal Pro 4.2
- Create profiles right from the desktop with the new "One-click" profile creation option. Simply right-click any game icon on you desktop (or anywhere else for that matter) and select "Convert to Game Jackal Profile", a much simplified creation wizard guides you through a 2 step process.
- Unused profiles can now be moved to an archive section allowing you to keep only your current favorites in the "My Game Profile" section.
- A new "plug-in" interface is now available, this allows third-party developers to create plug-ins for Game Jackal Pro.
- Right-click popup menu for profiles, this provides a faster and easier way to manage profiles.
- Improved reliability, support and performance for many games and hardware configurations.
- Support for multi processor hardware, including the ability to specific processor(s) on for each profile.
- Image mode, for games that need to stream data from the CD or DVD during game play.
- An easy to use interface, providing the user with a single tool for "cd free" gaming.
- The creation of a Game Jackal Profile is performed while you are playing your favorite game!
- Using the auto update feature, your version of Game Jackal Pro will always be the latest version available.
- Guardian Control, this feature allows for the password protection of game profiles in addition to specifying when and how long a game can be played.
- No longer do you need to find and insert the game's CD-ROM.
- Preserve the original game's CD-ROM: one of the problems with having a favorite game is that the CD-ROM gets damaged over time.
- Game load times are dramatically shortened.
Changes in Game Jackal Pro 220.127.116.11
- Fixed a start up exception experienced by some users.
- Added the ability to rename the current profile folder by clicking on the folder name within the interface.
- Fixed a number of interface errors.
- Added code to trap bad sector list when creating a profile.
- Fixed a number of language file formatting errors.
- Fixed a bug with the drag and dropping on game shortcuts into the Game Jackal interface.
- Fixed a bug that was causing a lengthy delay with the showing of the create profile wizard dialog.
- A number of interface updates and fixes.