Features of GSpot 2.70
- Establishes what video codecs (audio and video) are required to play an AVI file.
- Determines whether these codecs are installed on your system.
- Isolates problems associated with these codecs.
- Simple operation - Basic use: "File > Open", then read results.
- Identifies download induced problems (truncated files, "cooked" files, etc.)
- Shows framerate, duration, aspect ratio, bitrates, AVI structure info, and more.
- Displays and allows editing of RIFF info (title, etc); displays "hidden" ASCII info.
- Drag and Drop and "Send To" support, multi-file (batch) processing support.
- Copy/Paste or text export GSpot information - format is user configurable.
- Built-in database of 350 video and 150 audio codec types.
- Advanced UI including "dual-mode" and hyperlinked "persistent" tool tips.
- Full support for OGG media files as well as AVI stream formats.
- Identification (only) of non-AVI files (.flv, mp4, .mpg, .mov, .qt, .rm, .swf, .wmv, .asf, etc.)
- Supports VFW, ACM, DirectShow and DMO codec types (audio and video)
- No Install (optional), No spyware, No advertising, No registration
Changes in GSpot 2.70a
- Bug fixes
• GSpot 2.70 final
- Windows Vista Compatible (tested on 32-bit version only)
- Added MOV and WMV support (not fully complete)
- Extended MP4 support including ftyp identification
- Many bug fixes
on 21 November 2012, reviewed by: DerekCM1
The webpage only indicates that GSpot is applicable for up OS up to Windows Vista 32-bit.
Can it be used on Windows 7 64-bit system?
on 19 July 2012, reviewed by: Mantrhax
Awesome little utility, now, just waiting for full .mp4 support.
on 21 August 2011, reviewed by: Angel
I still don't understand how this works..i opened a file mp4v - MPEG4.
What happens now? I want to find a codec in order to play this video at the Windows Movie Maker.