Features of GSpot 2.70
- Establishes what video codecs (audio and video) are required to play an AVI file.
- Determines whether these codecs are installed on your system.
- Isolates problems associated with these codecs.
- Simple operation - Basic use: "File > Open", then read results.
- Identifies download induced problems (truncated files, "cooked" files, etc.)
- Shows framerate, duration, aspect ratio, bitrates, AVI structure info, and more.
- Displays and allows editing of RIFF info (title, etc); displays "hidden" ASCII info.
- Drag and Drop and "Send To" support, multi-file (batch) processing support.
- Copy/Paste or text export GSpot information - format is user configurable.
- Built-in database of 350 video and 150 audio codec types.
- Advanced UI including "dual-mode" and hyperlinked "persistent" tool tips.
- Full support for OGG media files as well as AVI stream formats.
- Identification (only) of non-AVI files (.flv, mp4, .mpg, .mov, .qt, .rm, .swf, .wmv, .asf, etc.)
- Supports VFW, ACM, DirectShow and DMO codec types (audio and video)
- No Install (optional), No spyware, No advertising, No registration
Changes in GSpot 2.70a
- Bug fixes
• GSpot 2.70 final
- Windows Vista Compatible (tested on 32-bit version only)
- Added MOV and WMV support (not fully complete)
- Extended MP4 support including ftyp identification
- Many bug fixes