to the H.265 compression standard.
x265 is available to anyone under the terms of the GNU GPL 2 license.
x265 is also available to commercial companies who wish to distribute x265 without the open-source restictions that the GPL license imposes.
As Graphical User Interface, we suggest you to use x265GUI.
Features of x265 Encoder 1.2
* Provides next-generation compression and codec.
* Fast and excellent quality.
* Completly free and libre software, ensuring freedom for everyone.
* The APIs are similar to x264 APIs
- Full prediction and transform quad-tree recursion supported
- Adaptive B-frame placement
- B-frames as references / arbitrary frame order
- CABAC entropy coding
- Intra: all block types (32x32, 16x16, 8x8, 4x4, and PCM with all predictions)
- Inter P: all partitions (from 64x64 down to 8x4)
- Inter B: partitions from 64x64 down to 8x4 (including all merge modes
- and biprediction)
- Weighted prediction for P slices
- Multiple reference frames
- Ratecontrol: constant quantizer, constant quality, single pass ABR, optional VBV
- Scenecut detection
- Parallel encoding on multiple CPUs, both frame-level and wavefront parallelism
The primary goal of the x265 project is to bring the quality and speed capabilities of