The included Media Player Classic supports it and works very well. The QuickTime Browser plugin supports Internet Explorer, Opera, Netscape and Mozilla. The QuickTime plugins include iPIX and QuickTimeVR.
Some advantages compared to QuickTime player
- Quick and easy install
- It's easy to make an unattended installation
- No background processes
- Use a player of your own choice
- Low on resources
- Smaller size
Features of QuickTime Alternative 1.95 Lite
- QuickTime Codecs [version 22.214.171.124]
: required for playing QuickTime content.
- QuickTime DirectShow filter
: allows you to play QuickTime content in all DirectShow enabled players.
Without this filter QuickTime content can only be played in Media Player Classic.
- QuickTime plugin for Internet Explorer
: allows you to view QuickTime content that is embedded in a webpage. It is installed together with the QuickTime codecs.
- QuickTime plugin for Opera/Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape
: allows you to view QuickTime content that is embedded in a webpage.
- Extra plugins for QuickTime
: plugins for viewing some special formats that are sometimes used on webpages.
: is an external filter for Media Player classic
: is an AAC DirectShow filter decoder based on FAAD2.
The only difference between the regular and lite versions is that the lite version does not include Media Player Classic.
Changes in QuickTime Alternative 1.95 Lite
- Updated QuickTime components to version 126.96.36.199
- Note: Requires Windows XP or newer
- Note: Requires a CPU that supports SSE instructions
As a bonus, Internet Explorer will play all QuickTime movies that are embedded in a webpage. You do need a media player that is capable of playing QuickTime files.