Trim your CD grabbings or directly to MP3 recorded vinyls or tapes. Cut favorite songs from long MP3 radio or live recordings. Make multiple cuts and fades. mp3DirectCut is very fast and gives you extensive control over your MP3s.
Features of mp3DirectCut 2.1
- Non-destructive cut, copy, paste
- Volume change, fade, normalize, pause detection
- mp3 recording with ACM or Lame encoder
- Fast mp3 visualisation and easy navigation
- Supports Layer 2 (dvd/dvb audio)
- ID3v1.1 tag editor · ID3v2 tag keeping
- Cue Sheet support
- Auto cue (track dividing by time values)
- Track splitting with filename and tag creation
- Trim · Crop · Fast play · Loop play
- VU meter, bitrate visualisation
- High speed recorder · Command line usage
: required for cutting MP2 or if your system has no ACM for MP3 (XP does).
- mp3DirectCut is Freeware. If you like the software and use it regulary, you can support the developer here
Changes in mp3DirectCut 2.19
- Optional timeline in the audio graph
- Split save issue on Batch fixed
- Cleared out some Lame settings
- ID3v1 genre bug fixed
- Icon resolution improved
on 25 May 2008, reviewed by: Phoenix76
I have tried many mp3 editor applications before discovering mp3DirectCut.
It is just a perfect application. You are not going back to whatever mp3 editor that you are using now after giving mp3DirectCut a spin.
I agree with gary, However it is not only capable of one task. It does more than just cutting mp3 files. Few features from the homepage:
.Non-destructive cut, copy, paste
.Volume change, fade, normalize, pause detection
.mp3 recording with ACM or Lame encoder
.Trim · Crop · Fast play · Loop play
Have a good day and people this application simply ROCKS
on 01 May 2008, reviewed by: kirh
totally agree with above comment
on 06 January 2008, reviewed by: gary
Everything I want in a piece of software. It's small, requires no installation, built for one job and performs it perfectly.
I can't believe there are no reviews for this. One of those tools I wouldn't be without.
It lets me work really fast and it doesn't recompress the audio.
This saves work, encoding time and disk space. And there is no quality loss through any re-compressions.