TrueMotion VP7 will provide your applications with the best video quality at lower cost than any other codec.
Features of VP7 Personal Edition 7.0
- Up to 50% improvement in video quality over TrueMotion VP6
- Dramatic improvements in animation compression
- Drastic reduction in ringing artifacts (mosquito-like noise around sharp edges)
- Smoother motion
- Improved datarate control
- More supported input formats
- Real-time compression
- Multi-pass encoding
- Special video conferencing and dropped-packet features
- Integrated with On2CompI compression application
- Support for Video for Windows (VFW) and Direct Show
- Better cut-scene detection
- Straightforward licensing terms (royalty-free solutions available)
- Carries no burdensome patent pooling restrictions or external licensing fees
- Purely software-based solution that can be upgraded easily
Changes in VP7 Personal Edition 18.104.22.168
- Improved overall quality.
- Improved speed on best quality mode.
- Fixed a problem in one of the blitters that caused color artifacts for some interlaced clips.
- Fixed a bug that caused spatial re-sampling to crash for some specific source image sizes and resample ratios.
- Improvements in 2 pass rate control.
- Faster first pass encode.
- Significant changes to the motion search algorithm to improve detection and tracking in high motion scenes. These changes affect both the first and second pass.
It encodes quicker, decodes in fewer cycles, and is less complex than the standards-based codecs used by our competitors.