It also currently supports MPEG1 and MPEG2 extension to Lower Sampling Frequencies, as well as the unofficial MPEG 2.5 format. Layer II and Layer III (also known as MP3) are fully implemented.
The filter is able to detect automatically the type of audio stream (despite its mediatype) and dynamically change the format from AC-3 to MPEG Audio (even during playback) and vice versa, and between various MPEG encoding modes. It automatically switches from one format to another and backwards.
Features of Moonlight Odio Dekoda 1.25m :
- MPEG-1 Layer I, II and III audio streams decoding (ISO/IEC 11172-3)
- Supports MPEG-2 extensions to lower sampling frequencies (ISO/IEC 13818-3), including unofficial MPEG-2.5 format
- Supports LPCM audio streams
- Decoding MPEG audio streams to 8/16/24 bits
Changes from Moonlight Odio Dekoda 1.0 to Moonlight Odio Dekoda 1.25m :
- Quadro & 5.1 output is now available
- Adjustable resolution of output audio: 8/16/24 bit
- S/PDIF output is now available
- Dithering was added for better sound quality
- Layer I is now supported
- LPCM is now supported
- Minor bugs were fixed
It can decode AC-3 streams mixdown from 5.1 to 2 channels (Dolby Surround and Stereo) and supports sampling rate 32, 44.1 and 48 kHz.