MKVToolnix is a set of tools to create, alter and inspect Matroska files under Windows.
With these tools you can:
- get information about (mkvinfo) Matroska files,
- extract tracks/data from (mkvextract) Matroska files
- and create (mkvmerge) Matroska files from other media files.
Matroska is a new multimedia file format aiming to become THE new container format for the future.
Changes in MKVToolnix 7.0:
- build system: Boost's "date/time" library is now required.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: If a single subtitle track contains two or more entries at the same timecode then the cue duration and cue relative position elements written were wrong.
- See full list of changes here.