- English, Dutch, Danish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Slovak, Spanish, Hungarian Croatian, Swedish, Greek, Catalan, Czech, Norwegian, Japanese, French, Finnish, Polish, Russian, Turkish, Chinese, Serbian and Slovenian translations are included in the setup.
Changes in EMDB 1.97
- User Interface: Fixed manually downloaded covers were not saved. (You can change the Internet Import Options to let the covers be downloaded automatically with the movie details. A lot of people still seem to use the manual way).
- User Interface: The dropdown of Groups in the Add / Edit Screen is now sorted alphabetically.
* EMDB 1.96
- Add From hard Disk: Fixed characters were all listed at the first actor.
- Add From hard Disk: Fixed CD1/CD2 movie parts were picked up as new movies even if they were already in a m3u playlist.
- User Interface: Draw the cover in the Movie Detail Panel with bilinear interpolation to improve the quality just a bit but now it looks good on non-96 DPI resolutions too.
- Database: Fixed groups were taken over when switching databases.
- Database: Added custom number field which can be used to display the movie number in both List View and Bookshelf View.
- User Interface: Fixed Group and Trailer were not updated when using Previous / Next buttons in the Add/Edit screen.
- Database: Fixed a bug in Remove Unused Actors resulting in mixing up of actors for Animation Movies.
- Database: Added 'PCM', 'AAC 2.0' and 'AAC 5.1' to the audio stream properties.
- User Interface: extended the number of custom languages to 5.
- Database: Added 'Lithuanian' and 'Filipino' to the spoken languages, audio streams and subtitles properties.
- Translations: Prepared for the Lithuanian translation. (It did not met the deadline for this release).
- Translations: Updated the Danish, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Polish and Dutch translations.
on 13 October 2007, reviewed by: phrozEnLITE
EMDB (Eric's Movie Database) v.49
EMDB is a good freeware program for cataloging your movies (DVD'S,VHS etc). The interface is clean and well layed out and the controls are simple to use.
It can import movie information and cover thumbnails from IMDB (Internet Movie Database) and includes options for some user added info. While the program was developed for XP, it seems to be fairly compatable with Windows Vista.
If your looking for a simple method to keep track of your movie's this works just fine.It will be interesting to see how this program will develop over time.
Easy to use, Able to print the database list, exports the list as text or a comma seperated file, Able to generate a html page of your database, Fair sorting and search function,Author listens to bug reports/suggestions and is quick to update.
No instruction sheet, while the controls are simple and can be quickly figured out, some option's might not be as obvious so some users. Also a list of what files are installed and where they should be located would be nice.
Some minor bugs/glitches mostly with importing & exporting and with where files are stored, this maybe do to some compatablity problem with Vista. The author seem's so be clearing those up quickly as they are reported.
on 21 September 2006, reviewed by: apul
Great, an update! :D
on 21 August 2006, reviewed by: apul
Very small, can make it portable, it's very fast with IMDb. I love it. And it's free! :)