is a DSP Audio convolution plug-in for Windows Media Player
or any application that accepts DMOs or DirectShow filters. Passes what is being played back through a user-provided FIR (Finite Impulse Response) filter (to provide room-corrected sound, for example).
Why would you want to do this? With a suitable impulse response generated by a tool such as DRC
you will be able to play sound corrected for your room response.
You will also be able to generate cross-overs, equalizers and other tools that require the source signal to be filtered and redirected to different output channels.
How to install Convolver 4.4
1. Run Setup.exe to install the installation package version.
2. In Windows Media Player (10, it wasn't tested with earlier versions), select Tools > Plug-ins > Options. On the Plug-ins tab, select Audio DSP.
3. Select Properties to configure the plug-in.
4. Select Get config ... and pick up your configuration file (config.txt). [The configuration file will be replaced by a user interface after further testing.]
Changes in Convolver 4.4
- Added convolverPipe, which filters the standard input to the standard output (as opposed to convolverCMD, which filters files)
It will take a set of single-channel impulse response files and convolve them with the input stream.