As you explore this software tool, you will find even more options that allow you to manage your movies efficiently.
EMDB works no matter what kind of movies you have on your computer (Bluray, DVD, HD DVD, VCD, SVCD etc.).
The intuitive interface allows a variety of operations: importing data from IMDB, searching, loan tracker, manually inserting information about the movie and so on.
Add your own comments and information to the movies, such as title, version, year, country, color, plot outline, cast, genre, your own rating and many others.
Technical information can be added as well, such as aspect, codec, source, resolution etc.
The information you have added can be removed with just one click.
The information gathered in EMDB can be exported as plain text, HTML or Excel. Moreover, you can use search filters to find certain films you are interested in using a variety of criteria.
This application will seem even more meticulous when you find out it can display statistics about the movies in the database and your activity.
EMDB is being constantly improved with each new release, and the latest updates refer to the user interface, to adding some new languages and to some HTML export and IMDB import issues.
EMDB is an excellent choice if you are passionate about movies and like to keep track of what you’ve seen and of your wishlist and to have at hand extensive information about movies all the time.
The application has received the appreciation of many users due to its impeccable functioning and diverse features which help you catalogue your films like no other tool.
Changes in EMDB 2.55
- User Interface: The Add / Edit Movie screen now has the title in the tile bar so you can see which movie you are editing in any tab.
- User Interface: Fixed displaying the Custom Genres in the Add / Edit Movie screen.
- Add Movie Dialog: Using Enter to start an IMDB query after entering the title did not work anymore.
- Edit Cast: Prevent actor name to be empty.
- Edit Cast: Renamed the Remove button to Clear as it was for clearing the photo.
- Edit Cast: Added a Delete Actor button.
- Translations: Changed the unit for minutes from 'm' to 'min' ('m' is for meters).
- Translations: Updated the Czech, Spanish, Arabic and Dutch translations.
Its main assets are the automatic import function from IMDB, the search function and the seen/unseen marking option.