is codec-independent and should work within all players, that use automatic DirectShow Filter Graph generation (Windows Media Player
, MicroDVD Player, Zoom Player
, Media Player Classic
etc.). Also, video codec must support YUY2 output format.
If image width of the clips is not exact multiple of 32 (like 720x???), clip may be played back without using video overlay. Without video overlay, clips are looking choppy and DVDMax can not be used.
In a time DivXG400 has evolved to something much more, providing several features, all designed for better movie-experience, like:
- Image adjustment (Pan & Scan, aspect ratio correction, overscan compensation)
- High quality subtitle display in windowed and full-screen mode. DivXG400 supports almost every known subtitle format: SubViewer 1.0, 2.0, SubRip, MicroDVD, SAMI, Sub Station Alpha 3.0, 4.0, JACOsub, DVDSubtitle, VobSub 3.0 ... 7.0, TMPlayer, SMIL-RealText, AqTitle. Additionally, MicroDVD INI-files are accepted as a wrappers to real subtitle files.
- Subtitle output to TV in DVDMax mode (of course, all "classical" modes are supported, too)
- Near to 24fps clip playback at 25fps
- etc, etc.
DivXG400 is codec-independent and should work within all players that use automatic DirectShow Filter Graph generation (Windows Media Player, MicroDVD Player, Zoom Player etc.). Also, video codec must support YUY2 output format.
DivXG400 is not limited to Matrox cards, it can be used with any graphics card. Couple of options have meaning for Matrox users only, though.
Changes in DivXG400 2.83
- Improved FPS detection in case of "secretive" codecs, like DivX 4/5.
- Automatic TV output format selection.
- Added support for VobSub 7 subtitles.
- No flipped image using Elecard MPEG decoder anymore.
- Improved subtitle renderer.
- Fixed remaining time OSD malfunction.
- Image doubler of small clips for better subtitle quality.
- Most power-hungry functions are now implemented in optimized MMX assembler
- No subtitle flickering in single-buffer mode.
- FPS conversion requires use of Default DirectSound Device
DivXG400 was first brought to live to work around incompatibility with DivX ;-), MS MPEG4, WM7, WM8 codecs and Matrox G400/G450 drivers/hardware.