.NEF (Nikon Electronic Format)
images in the Windows Explorer and in the Windows Live Photo Gallery
Due to this piece of software, you can view thumbnails of NEF files as if they were common format images.
The installing procedure is simple and fast and when you want to remove the application from your computer you can easily do this by accessing “Control Panel” and selecting “Uninstall a program”.
NEF Codec functions like a plugin for Internet Explorer and for Windows Live Photo Gallery; in order to confirm after installation and view the images properly, right-click a NEF image, select “Open with” and choose “Windows Photo Viewer” or “Windows Live Photo Gallery”.
NEF Codec supports a variety of Nikon cameras:
- DSLR cameras (D4S, D4, D3X, D3S, D3, D2XS, D2X, D2HS, D2H, D1X, D1H, D1, D90, D80, D70S, D70, D60, D50, D40X, D40, D810A, D810, D800E, D800, D750, D700, D610, D600, D300S, D300, D200, D100, D7100, D7000, D5500, D5300, D5200, D5100, D5000, D3300, D3200, D3100, D3000, D7200);
- advanced cameras with interchangeable lens (Nikon 1 J5, Nikon 1 J4, Nikon 1 J3, Nikon 1 J2, Nikon 1 J1, Nikon 1 V3, Nikon1 V2, Nikon 1 V1, Nikon 1 S1, Nikon 1 AW1);
- and digital compact cameras (COOLPIX A; COOLPIX 8800, COOLPIX 8700, COOLPIX 8400, COOLPIX 5700, COOLPIX 5400, COOLPIX 5000).
NEF Codec is a must for any Nikon camera owner and it is useful for anyone who comes in contact with the NEF format (Nikon Raw Image files).
This codec will occupy some space on your computer, since only the installing file is 100MB, but it is worth deploying it on your computer if you work with the NEF format.
Changes in Nikon RAW Codec 1.27
- The codec now supports NEF (RAW) photos shot with the D810A and Nikon 1 J5.
- Fixed issue in which NEF (RAW) images could no longer be displayed after file info had been edited in the “Details” tab of the Explorer “Properties” window.
The software is able to search and view metadata and it allows you to preview