In terms of supported formats, GOM Audio is able to play almost any type of music file you throw at it: MP3, M4A, OGG, WMA, WAV, FLAC, MID, PLS, APE, Audio CDs; audio files encoded in AAC can be played when saved as M4A.
Personalize your audition with useful features such as changing playback speed, equalizer, A-B repeat, shuffle, audio effects, and editing ID3 tags.
You can change skins for a more tasty-looking interface, you have some power options available, you benefit from plugin support and you can open Internet streams.
GOM Audio comes with an extensive list of pre-loaded radio stations, organized by genres, but you are not limited to them. You can open any broadcast you want.
Any reliable and modern audio player should be able to manage playlists, and GOM Audio is not inferior in this respect.
Playlists can be opened in multiple tabs within the main window and you can create playlists in various formats (M3U, ASX, PLS, M3U8).
GOM Audio takes one step further in assisting your auditions; it can schedule system shutdown at a certain hour or after the playlist ends.
Although simple to use, GOM Audio comes with lots of eye-catching features, such as “currently playing” notifications on your desktop, shortcut keys which can be customized by the user, pitch correction, crossfading effects and 3D surround. If you want to add some extra magic, enhance GOM Audio by using various plugins.
We all have a favorite audio player, but, among so many similar products, GOM Audio manages to stand out of the crowd and it is an application worth installing on your computer.
Changes in GOM Audio 126.96.36.1998
* Improved the security of the installer program (GOMAUDIOGLOBALSETUP.EXE).
Added a feature that checks the integrity of the installer when it is launched, and the installer will only be run if it is determined to be legitimate.
* Improved playback for MP3 files
- Will now correctly play MP3 files that are shorter than 1 second in length
- Corrected an issue where certain MP3 files with very long playback times would not be played smoothly
* Altered behavior for unsupported file types
- Previously it was possible to add certain MP4 and other unsupported video file types to GOM Audio. These files can no longer be added to GOM Audio.
* Other miscellaneous corrections, fixes, and improvements
It is light and user-friendly and it provides you with all the options you’d expect from a modern audio player, from playback buttons to advanced audio editing tools.