removes most types of copy protection found on movie DVDs. DVD43 is compatible with Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 2000. If you have Windows 98 or Windows ME, we suggest you use DVDFab
which allows you to rip all the files of a DVD to your hard drive and then copy with your favorite copy software.
How to use DVD43
1. Run the setup file which installs the software and leaves an icon in your task bar. DVD43 will run in the background and decrypt movies on the fly.
2. When your DVD reader is empty or the movie inserted is not copy protected, you'll see a yellow smiley face.
3. When a copy protected DVD is detected, the yellow face will turn to a red devil face for a few seconds and then to a green happy face - which means it's ready to use.
4. Start your DVD copy software and copy the movie.
If you get errors using DVD43
1. Before you begin copying a DVD, close DVD43 by clicking on the smiley face in the task bar and select the 'Close' menu item.
2. Insert the movie you want to copy, play it using your software DVD player for about 1 minute, then close the software DVD player.
3. Start DVD43 (click the Start button, select 'All Programs' and select 'DVD43') and let DVD43 detect the movie and turn green.
4. Start your DVD copy software. If you still get an encrypted DVD error, reboot your computer - DVD43 is temperamental sometimes.
How to update to the lastest version
- Un-install all versions of DVD43 using your Windows Control Panel.
- Delete all the files in your 'C:\Program Files\dvd43' folder, then reboot your computer.
- Install the latest version of DVD43 and reboot your computer.
Changes in DVD43 4.6
- Improved decrypting of newer DVDs with bad sectors.
* DVD43 Plug-in 18.104.22.168
- Improved support for bad DVD structure
- Added Visual Studio C++ console application test code
- This software is free for use, for any purpose. Don't pay for it, and use it at your own risk. Please do not use it for any malicious purpose. Don't break the law!
- DVD43 1.4 requires Patin-Couffin Access Layer