- - - - -

Download Halted Because of Anti-Spyware Software

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Puzzled_*

Guest_Puzzled_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:06 PM

Adware in a "free-codecs.com" download halted a recent download attempt.

When attemtping to download "MP3 Repair Tool 1.5.2" from "free-codecs.com" the process was stopped because of "Gen:Variant.Adware.iBryte.1" is detected as spyware during the download process. And once that item has been detected and deleted, I cannot proceed with the download.

I want to try the MP3 Repair Tool since an MP3 audio file of mine cannot be played or copied.

Is there a workaround with this, besides disabling my spyware/antivirus programs?

#2 Guest_Puzzled_*

Guest_Puzzled_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:22 AM

Well, this is interesting .. . dozens of views on this topic and no response!

Well, then I'll speak up!

Since no Adware was placed into my PC, then I cannot use the MP3 Repair Tool [as provided for by *free-codecs.com*]. Reason why? Having the Adware planted in a person's PC is part of the bargain with getting free downloads from *free-codecs.com*.

Now, that wasn't hard to answer?

There's always a cost with obtaining software apps. Some websites ask for money upfront. Others have applets planted that results with pop-up Ads appearing on PC users screens as a result from Adware . . . with the desired goal that the end-user will click onto the pop-up Ads, which then sends revenue to the origin source of the Adware.

The situation I wonder about: How many people out there have downloaded "free-codecs" applications and are unaware of the Adware being placed in their PCs? And are the same users wondering why they are getting pop-up Ads left and right?

#3 zeNmaster

zeNmaster

• Administrators
  • 156 posts
  • LocationEU

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

Hello and sorry for the late reply. MP3 Repair Tool contains no spyware/adware.

Usually, an Important Note with details about toolbar or adware included into installer is added at the end of software's page. Here is an example.

#4 Guest_BrantCaseyxy_*

Guest_BrantCaseyxy_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:16 AM

Some websites ask for money upfront. Others have applets planted that results with pop-up Ads appearing on PC users screens as a result from Adware . . .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users