TMPGEnc enables us adjust bitrate, quantize matrix, GOP structure, Interlace and many other parameter so that you can create most appropriate movie file depends on your purpose.
Changes in TMPGEnc 2.524.63.181
- Changed: The formats for the project file and the template file have been changed. Therefore, project created with the new version cannot be used with older versions.
- Added: [Project wizard (Step 4/5)]: in the media pull-down selection, DVD 8.5 GB (Double Layer) has been added, for the bitrate setting and size graph.
- Changed: In the MPEG system multiplexer, the max. bitrate is written instead of the average bitrate for the multiplexing rate. It shortens the outputting process.
- Improved: [MPEG Setting - GOP structure]: Even if Closed GOP is not selected, the GOP structure is now compliant with the MPEG standard.
- Improved: Image quality for MPEG-1 with long-GOP, has been improved.
- Improved: Encoding of scenes using still-image, has been improved.
- Fixed: Errors related with encoding using multi-thread.
- Improved: The encoding of MPEGs with GOP structure using only I and B pictures, has been improved.
- Fixed: [Output to file - AVI file / WAVE file]: when clicking the Cancel button in the [Sound Selection] dialog, the dialog was shown again.
- Fixed: [MPEG Setting - Quantize matrix]: if saving an existing template under a new name, it could not be deleted.
- Fixed: [MPEG Setting - Quantize matrix]: if saving a template under no name, memory access violations occurred.
- Fixed: When reading empty files (zero data), it could take a very long time to show the error message.
- Fixed: AVI files created with TMPGEnc, when played with Windows Media Player could stop in the middle, with the message "Invalid file".
TMPGEnc is famous for it's better quality comparing to current encoding software retail packages in market. If you are looking for MPEG encoder, you should try this before you spend some money for other encoding software.