Microsoft Fix It Codec Crashes edition
identifies CODECs that are known to cause crashes and will disable them, getting them out of the way.
This will allow you to either use another CODEC that may already be on your system, or allow you to download and install the latest version of the CODEC that was crashing which may have fixed the problem.
Microsoft Fix It Codec Crashes edition solves
- Internet explorer crashes or freezes while playing video
- Other Windows applications crash or freeze while playing video
- Windows is unstable or is not responding when viewing videos
Microsoft Fix It CD/DVD edition
allows to diagnose and repair CD or DVD drive issues, when you cannot burn or play CD or DVD discs, when a drive is not found, not accessible or not connected.
Microsoft Fix It CD/DVD edition solves
- Your CD or DVD Drive does not read or write and is shown as disabled
- The media in your CD or DVD drive cannot be read
- The media cannot be written to by your CD or DVD drive
- You receive one of the following errors:
* A class specific or device specific driver is missing or corrupt
* A CD or DVD drive cannot be found or is not connected
* The CD or DVD drive is experiencing a problem that prevents it from working properly
* The CD or DVD drive is not accessible via an assigned drive letter
Microsoft Fix It Windows Media Player edition
automatically repairs Windows Media Player problems when the player doesn’t start, streaming doesn’t work or when you cannot browse or search for media.
Microsoft Fix It Windows Media Player edition solves
- Windows Media Player may not be set up correctly and may not run as expected. Windows Media Player may have to run the first time setup to correct settings.
- The settings for Windows Media network streaming may be corrupted. This prevents streaming video or audio from playing.
- Windows Media Player Library may be corrupted. This causes media browsing and search problems in Windows Media Player.
- Nero Video Burning Plugin is incompatible with Windows Media Player 11 or newer versions, and may cause Windows Media Player 11 or newer to crash or stop responding.
- Windows Media Player 11 does not start, or some UI elements are blank.
- CD/DVD player is not working with Windows Media Player.
- Unable to install Windows Media Player 10 or 11.- -
- Videos are displaying "PICVideo M-JPEG 3, www.accusoft.com" or "PICVIDEO, WWW.JPG.COM" overlay.
Microsoft Fix It Windows Audio Playback
repairs computer sound problems when your computer cannot play audio or when sound is muted in Windows.
Microsoft Fix It Windows Audio Playback solves
- Checks whether driver support is disabled through Windows Update
- Checks whether your audio device driver does not work correctly
- Checks whether the necessary audio services are stopped
- Checks whether your audio device is disabled in Windows
- Checks whether your audio device is muted
- Checks whether the volume of your audio device is set too low to hear
- Checks whether your audio device does not set as default
- Checks whether your audio device is not plugged in
- Checks whether HDMI audio does not work
- Generates the following error message: "There might be a problem with your audio device”
For more info, check also our Codecs FAQ
page on forum.
4 editions/versions of Microsoft Fix It are listed for download: